J-CDS is ready to support all your Open Concurrent Design Server (OCDS) needs and wishes.
J-CDS is your one stop shop for all your OCDS needs.
Open Concurrent Design Server
The OCDS is an initiative of the European Space Agency (www.esa.int). The OCDS provides the building blocks of a Concurrent, Collaborative and Distributed Engineering for the European Space Industry, using Open Standards Information Models and Reference Libraries.
The OCDS is the vehicle to distribute ESA’s (www.esa.int/cdf) Concurrent Design methodology and a set of tools to the Space industry, organisations and academia. At the same time it distributes an open data exchange standard for early phase space system engineering and design activities described in the ECSS-TN-10-25.
ESA CDF has set up a wiki for the OCDS User Community, i.e. http://atlas.estec.esa.int/uci_wiki/tiki-index.php, where users can register, download, upload, discuss on forums etc.
The OCDS helps the European Space Community to:
- Increase Data Management Capabilities, including Life Cycle Data Management
- Support the information longevity objective
- Achieve a hardware and software independent solution
- Optimise the design process
- Consolidate Design Models in a repository based on open standards
- Improve communication to Contractors and partners, using Open and publicly available standards (e.g. ISO, ECSS, ….)
- Streamline the communications to other ESA corporate applications using model based integration
- Connect data to product assurance (PA/QA) activities.
The following list give an overview of the solutions and services which J-CDS can provide you with.
J-CDS OCDS solutions and services
Step 1: Introduction
OCDS introduction usage (CD flash study/session)
Step 2: Analysis
What does the customer want and what does the customer need (usage, process, customisation)
Step 3: Implementation
Installation of necessary OCDS HW and SW
OCDS usage training
OCDS Study Space System Engineering support as system engineer, team leader, system assistant.
Ensure consistency with ESA OCDS (within customer specific needs):
Changes to SERDL
Changes to SEIM
Changes to the OSM
Changes to the process
Overall Helpdesk (process and software)
Step 4: Customisation, extend and enhance, i.e. bring your OCDS to the next level
OCDS (process and software) customisation user requirements definition
OCDS customisation planning, project management
Guardians of the OCDS process
OCDS software development
Step5: Maintenance of all sw and process