The J-CDS services are based on a proven methodology within the space industry. Therefore it is clear that our services can be of interest to the aerospace industry, and probably even more so to other industry fields.
J-CDS has been approached by many different types of industries, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Infrastructure building
- R&D centres
Our methodology involves the integration of as many life-cycle perspectives as possible (users, customers, discipline experts, regulations, suppliers, etc.) from the first design efforts.
The methodology results in the creation of a model which can be carried forward through the different lifecycle phases of the product/system.
The J-CDS Concurrent Design approach is an added value to your activities related to:
- Modifications to existing products/systems
- Designs of new products/systems
- Assess the impact of existing products/system design before the start of a new lifecycle phase e.g. changing, decommissioning.
The approach has proven to be effective for complex design activities involving a multiple of disciplines, including the involvement of discipline experts geographically distributed.
The J-CDS Concurrent Design approach will provide you with a tool to:
- Assess different designs and design options.
- Start design effort fast and easily, and create fast result.
- Facilitate stakeholder (incl. customer) integration.
- Creation of a representative set of product/system design parameters.
- Control/Follow progress, requirements tracking.
- The capture of corporate knowledge and designs.
Use of the J-CDS Concurrent Design approach will lead to:
- Reduction of design time -> reduction of product cost and lead time, increase in profitability, improvement in competitiveness
- Standardization of design results and methods
- Build-up of corporate knowledge in design model
- Reduction in number of engineering changes during next phases
- Evaluate more system/product options
- Increase in employee involvement/efficiency
- Improvement in system/product quality
- Higher customer satisfaction