What we do!
J-CDS provides a Concurrent Design consultancy service. Our Concurrent Design Service reduces design time by providing turnkey concurrent design solutions for multidisciplinary system/product design teams through a clear methodology, intense design assistance and a structured software platform.
The J-CDS approach is a Fast and Furious production proven design approach which positions itself in a clear niche, i.e. Concurrent Design, within the broad term of Concurrent Engineering.
In general Concurrent Engineering stands for a systematic approach to integrated product development that emphasises the response to customer expectations. It embodies team values of cooperation, trust and sharing in such a manner that decision making is proceeded by intervals of parallel working by all life-cycle perspectives in the design process, synchronised by exchanges to produce consensus.
The term Concurrent Engineering is often used for a multitude of approaches that enhance/change/enable the cooperation between design team members, design teams, suppliers, integrators, companies and enterprises, etc... It includes technologies like netmeeting, virtual offices, standardised product information exchange, and distributed document/project/product management systems. This definition might suggest that implementation is by definition heavy and difficult and the whole company structure may be affected, it suggests a complex and disorganised process, and a boring process and tool which creates a slow and limited ROI.
The J-CDS approach however is not a heavy difficult and boring process with slow and limited ROI, our approach results in short bursts of high activity design team sessions according to a a clear methodology and using a customised infrastructure that leads to dramatic cycle time and cost reductions.
The J-CDS Concurrent Design Activity is not a continous Concurrent Engineering process throughout the whole Product Life-Cycle duration it is a distinct action activated at specific times in the Product Life-Cycle (e.g. conceptual design, reviews, problem solving during operations).
It does not affect your whole organisation, only a group of discipline experts during short bursts of time. It has clear goals, not only product engineering related, but also Concurrent Design Activity related, keeping the time short and a constant focus on the solution. It allows a fast start and fast result to get a shorter time to market!
Next to the quantifiable benefits there are benefits which are difficult to quantify but important nonetheless. These benefits are the following:
* Standardisation of design results and methods.
* Build-up of corporate knowledge in design model.
* Reduction in number if engineering changes during later phases.
* Evaluation of more system/product options
* Increase in involvement among employees
* Increase in employee efficiency
* Higher product, process quality
* Higher customer satisfaction
These benefits are achieved through:
* A focus on the start of any system/product design.
* Maximise re-use of creative design/engineering effort.
* Intense team member interaction
* Turnkey service: a methodology, assistance, software infrastructure and a facility.
* A comprehensive Concurrent Design Service providing customers with a complementary, individualised and intense design support program via a unique combination of this design assistance and a design software platform.
* A basis on extensive hands-on experience